Monday, November 23, 2009

On Gratitude

It’s almost Thanksgiving. Here’s my Top Ten:
  1. I’m thankful for Josh, Catherine, and Michael. Every single day, you are the three people who bring joy to my life and make it worthwhile.
  2. I’m thankful for my girlfriends, who understand that having fun just for the sake of having fun is important. Even at our age.
  3. I’m thankful for Max, who is a good dog and makes me laugh. And I’m even thankful for Stella (for keeping Max humble).
  4. I’m thankful to have a job. Having any kind of job right now would be enough, but I am fortunate to (a) have a job I like and (b) work with a great group of people.
  5. I’m thankful for my health, which is good despite the aches and pains that come with the territory of late middle age.
  6. I’m thankful that this year, there’s a Democrat in the White House.
  7. And on that note, I’m thankful that Bush and Cheney are not.
  8. I’m thankful that somebody, a very long time ago in Scotland, invented the “greatest game ever played.”
  9. I’m thankful to Mazda for building the Miata. I’m not kidding. If you think I am, you don’t like to drive.
  10. I’m thankful to live in America, where it is possible to have all of the above to be grateful for, and I raise my glass to celebrate this holiday. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment